The Golf at Home Challenge
Recent COVID-19 concerns have restricted thousands of Americans to their own homes for the near future. As we all socially distance ourselves to ensure the safety of those more vulnerable in our communities, we’ve identified a need within our organization to help young people find healthy, creative outlets to put their minds at ease during this time of uncertainty.
Although many of us will be in our homes for the next several weeks, our love of golf remains and our sense of community has been collectively broadened over the internet. As such, The First Tee of Greater Austin has partnered with PGA TOUR SUPERSTORE to create an online contest – challenging golfers everywhere to put together and share a fun Golf At Home video. Create and show us how to play your homemade putt-putt course (2 holes max) or show off a trick shot using #GolfAtHomeChallenge…we want to see how YOU can play golf at home, safely of course.
At The First Tee of Greater Austin, we’ve seen firsthand how sport can be an effective vehicle to learn life lessons, reduce stress and bring people together. That’s what we’re all about! Share your video with us on social media using #GolfAtHomeChallenge or via email at GolfAtHomeChallenge@gmail.com. We will post entries to our respective social media pages and encourage others to share them as well to inspire others to take part!
How to submit your entry:
- Post your own entry on TikTok, Twitter, Facebook (account must be public to be viewable by our staff)
- When posting on social media title it “Hey First Tee Austin, this is my Putt-Putt course/Trick Shot” and tag us while using #GolfAtHomeChallenge
- Email us your post to GolfAtHomeChallenge@gmail.com, if you don’t have a social media account, you can email us your video/picture and we will post it (the file size must be less than 25 KB to send over email; you can also download the Send Anywhere app to share your video from an iPhone; Dropbox and Google Drive links are also acceptable)
- Questions? Reach out to the email address listed above and we will get back to you asap!
- The Challenge will run until
Monday, April 6thFriday, May 1st
- Videos must be less than one minute in length; Picture entries will also be accepted
- Multiple entries are welcome; putt-putt courses must not exceed 2 holes
- Entries can be inside or outside your home
- Any US resident, First Tee student, family members, or the general public are eligible to win
Multiple Winners will be recognized on
April 7 Saturday, May 2nd:
๏ Best overall (from anywhere) will win a $100 PGA Tour Superstore gift card—Clay Maxwell
๏ Three Austin youth winners will win a round of golf at one of Austin’s premier golf courses—Joshua Lee, Ryan Lee & Meredith Speer
๏ Additionally, all winners will be highlighted on PGA Superstore’s website
Social Media Handles
See new entries on the following accounts:
Twitter @FirstTeeAustin | Instagram @FirstTeeAustin | Facebook @FirstTeeAustin
* Sharing your video/picture gives First Tee Austin and PGA Superstore permission to post it to our social media pages to spread the word!